Barry's Final Letter

Aktuelle Diskussionen über Rambus

Barry's Final Letter

Beitragvon lucky » 21.05.2010, 08:14

Barry's Final Letter: Part I

This was the letter I received today in the mail postmarked May 18th. I am transcribing this verbatim, unedited and leaving out one small paragraph that was a personal note to me.

"If you are receiving this letter, (whose original 1st draft I wrote in August of 20009) it means that I have taken, or at least attempted to take my own life. Take a look at post 422180. I was NOT speaking figuratively.

After eleven fucking years, I have nothing left, NOTHING. I thought I was being conservative, but I never in my wildest dreams thought that this situation would end up this way. I actually managed to string this along for a lot longer than anyone (me included) would have believed was possible. But finally, I was "out of options" (that's both a pun and literal truth). In fact, my March options were my "last stand"; I've had zero financial interest in Rambus since they expired. While I could otherwise go on, I don't want to: I cannot stand to watch Rambus finally "pay off" after eleven years when I myself can only watch as a non-participating (and pretty well devastated) outsider. But I won't let what has happened turn me into the likes of Infringeon. That is not who or what I am.

"People on the board talk about "personal responsibility", well, I take responsibility for my own actions, Ihave tried myself, I have found myself guilty, I have sentenced myself and I only hope that I successfully carried out the sentence."

"But, as you know, I had accomplices:

Although I don't believethat anyone was literally "paid off", I do believe that Judge Payne was corrupt. I also believe that Judge Robinson is corrupt, but I also think that she is so imcompetent that she may not even be aware of her own actions of her own true role in this saga. Judge Payne was far more corrupt, but Judge Robinson's actions were far more lethal, thanks to their timing (which is as strong an evicence of her corruption as the actions themselves)

Judge Whyte is perhaps the biggest surprise, because he seems so totally oblivious to his own part in aiding and abetting one of the largest criminal conspiracies in the history of 20th century business. His inactions were central to the success of the criminals who were convicted in his very own courtroom. He seems so concerned about being "fair" . . .TO THE CONVICTED CRIMINALS. With no regard whatsoever for the victims.

And then there is Judge Kramer. I don't know what to make of Kramer, he has turned into a bad (VERY bad) joke of a judge. Like Whyte, he seemed to be one who could finally deliver justice. But, instead, he became the final instrument of my undoing. The trial should never have been delayed from May to September (OF 2009!) and when it was, Kramer should have made absolutely certain that the trial was ready to go. . .jury selection . . . on the scheduled day in September. The September to Janurary (2010)delay was a total sham, due primarily to Kramer's inability to control his court (over 100 motions still unresolved as of August) and, I believe, his desire to take a vacation in November. And then Price's cancer. Amazing; Price gets cancer and I die. Maybe I have unwittingly found a solution to the healthcare problem.

With enormous difficulty and a bit of fortunate luck, I was somehow able to both hang on and rearrange my options to run through Feb.2010 and then even March 2010. If the stock had even gotten into even the mid30's I would have pulled it out.

Then came Prices play. As I said, Price gets cancer and I die.

Barry's Final Letter: Part II

However, if the Samsung settlement had been "reasonable" (which in my mind, means at least twice the $700 million that it was), I STILL would have pulled it out, we got to $26. If that had been $36, I would not be writing this. As I said above, I only needed the stock to get to the $30's to have survived. BETWEEN THE SAMSUNG SETTLEMENT, THE ITC ACTION AND THE AT CASE, IT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED. But, management sold us out too, again. (Like this never happened before) AND THEY HAD THE UNMITIGATED GALL TO GIVE THEMSELVES A BONUS FOR IT!!. Enjoy your bounses for signing Samsung, guys . . .and add yourselves to the list of my accomplices. Please think of me (and my family, and for that matter all the shareholders) when you are spending the bonus you gave yourselves for screwing the shareholders on your cars, and your homes and your vacations. What? We get to screw the shareholders AND give ourselves a bonus for doing it? I know, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it, right? After all, screwing shareholders is "the American Way".

What jurists (all of them) need to understand is that this is a public company with thousands of shareholders, and that a huge number of us have been adversely and catastrohically impacted while everyone and everything . . .and I mean EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING . . .including the convenience of criminalsand the vacationof judges gets put before the real victims of the crime, who are . . .the shareholders. The totally forgotten and ignored shareholders, who are the real victims.

No one expects instant justice, buts it's been a decade. A FUCKING DECADE . . .since these cases started and they are still not resolved. Well, we all (ALL, EVERYONE) have a drop dead date. And mine has arrived. Give my regards to the other LTL's.

Sincerely,

Barry
lucky
Administrator

Beitragvon Ville » 21.05.2010, 16:39

Tragische Geschichte. Ich denke viele, sehr viele Aktionäre würden sich heute wünschen niemals von dieser Firma gehört zu haben. Die Gier und Verliebtheit in eine Aktie und eine Idee in Verbindung mit den Verbrechern an allen Fronten (Kartell, Richter, Management,Politiker) kann die Mehrzahl nur zu Verlieren machen. Diese Aktie hat langsam zu viel Blut an ihren Fingern.

Obwohl ich durch die Aktie Gewinne machen werde (egal wie es ausgeht) ist bei mir im Gedanken an Rambus inzwischen ein recht negatives Bild festgebrannt. Das war es alles nicht wert..

Wird Zeit, dass sich die Zeiten ändern...

Beitragvon Bob Marley » 24.05.2010, 09:10

ja...sehr tragisch.

Ich habe seine Berichte immer mit großem Interesse gelesen.

Dieser Bericht wurde glaube ich auch an die PR von RMBS geschickt.
Vieleicht machen die sich dort mal ein klein wenig Gedanken darüber, ob diese ständigen Delays vieleicht hausgemacht sind und unbedingt sein müssen.

@ville

fangen wir heute an die Zeit zu ändern........ITC steht an
Bob Marley

Beitragvon lucky » 25.05.2010, 09:14

Habe heute die "Werbeeinnahmen" von dieser domain an den "Barry Watzman Memorial Fund" über paypal gespendet. Ist zwar nicht viel, aber ich denke, dass auch wir hier sehr von Barry Watzmann profitiert haben. Er war einer derjenigen, die dazu beigetragen haben, dass ich den Glauben an Rambus nie verloren habe. Sein Tod hat mich wirklich sehr berührt.
lucky
Administrator

Beitragvon Bob Marley » 26.05.2010, 06:17

New Communication With Debbie Watzman

Debbie emailed me this evening and expressed her appreciation once again for the support of the folks on this board and thanked me for promptly attempting to contact the family upon receipt of his final letter via US Mail.

She spoke of the unbelieveable shock and sadness felt within the family. She also spoke of Barry's love of flying and told me that she had Barry laid to rest near a local airport where he flew. She also knows about others who have lost on Rambus through the court delays and said that she would like to get the word out about how that affected Barry.

I offered her the opportunity to contact the reporter who has been in touch with some members of this board, Rambus management, and others surrounding our ten year saga. The decision is squarely hers and I have only served as a go-between.

Debbie is going to need for several of us to remain in contact with her to help her cope with grief and just to connect with her as his friends. I admire greatly her attitude and thanks.

I will be contacting several posters here who I think would be good for her to correspond with besides Regina and myself.

Also, on a personal note, I too deeply appreciate the support that I have received from all of you regarding my unexpected role in this tragedy. That has meant a lot to me - you guys have been great. Thanks, croaker

Übrigens: heute, der 26.Mai ist Barrys Geburtstag..........tragisch
Bob Marley

Beitragvon Bob Marley » 05.06.2010, 18:54

At one time Watzman had racked up more than a million dollars in Rambus profits. But he never cashed out, hoping instead for an even bigger payday that never came. When the pendulum swing of the share price (which has fluctuated between $4 and $115 over the past decade) turned against him this past year, he tried to recoup his losses by doubling down with speculative options.

http://www.aolnews.com/money/article/ra ... m/19502259
Bob Marley

Zurück zu Diskussionen